Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Equality in Art

Do you remember when you were a kid and you thought everything had to be fair? Your sister got a brownie, and even if you didn’t really want one, you had to have one too. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be fair. Well, that’s spilled over into art at my house. My son is complaining that I’ve painted my daughter more than I’ve painted him. He's right, of course. Since I just painted a pastel of her as a baby, I decided to do one of him as a baby. Can’t get more fair than that, right?

This one is on La Carte paper, which is textured similar to sandpaper. It was really hard to get used to, and I made plenty of errors. Fortunately, this paper holds a lot of pastel. Once I figured out where I was off, it was easy enough to correct. One thing I really like about this paper is that it sharpens the pastel as you use it. Nice for details.



12"x9"
Soft Pastel on La Carte Paper

No comments: