Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pastel Society of America Exhibition Award

My painting "Christmas Memories" was accepted into the Pastel Society of America's 40th Annual Open Juried Exhibition, and I'm very happy to report it received the Atlantic Papers Award!



"Christmas Memories"
14" x 18"
Soft Pastel


The exhibition runs through September 29, 2012, and is held at the National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, New York, NY 10003.  If you're close by, this is an exhibition you won't want to miss!  If you can't get to New York City, you can see the award winning paintings on the PSA web site (click on the link toward the bottom of the page to see all the award winning paintings).


9 comments:

Arti said...

Congratulations and good luck!Your work never fails to amaze...

Sandy Byers said...

Hi Kari,
Yay!Yay! I am so excited for you. This is a great piece and deserves all the ribbons it will garner. Congratulations!

p.s. I couldn't help but laugh a little at my comment to your original post of this piece back in October...

Peggy said...

Congratulations! This is FANTASTIC and amazing :)

Kari Tirrell said...

Thanks, Sandy!! I had to go back and look at the comments from October. You called it! I didn't know how well a Christmas themed painting would go over, so I wasn't going to enter it, but then it was the only painting I had on hand so I figured what the heck. I'm glad I did! Thanks again. :)

Kari Tirrell said...

Thank you, Peggy and Arti! I appreciate your stopping by to leave such nice comments. :)

Nancy Goldman said...

Congratulations Kari. I love this painting. Your attention to detail is amazing!

hmuxo said...

Congratulations Kari!!! SO well deserved. I'll be visiting the National Arts Club at Gramercy Park on the 22nd. I wouldn't miss seeing your painting as well as Aline Ordman's... hopefully, they are open on Saturdays..otherwise I'll go another day. Again..wonderful news!

Kari Tirrell said...

Thank you, Nancy!

Thanks, Hilda! The NAC is open from 10-5 on weekends, so you should be able to visit. I wish I could go, but I had a scheduling conflict again this year. Sometime I'll get there! I'd really love to see Daniel Greene's painting, and quite a few others I've seen online. I'd be interested to know what you think of the exhibition. Have fun!

hmuxo said...

WHAT AN EXHIBIT, KARI!!! Your painting is better in person. Daniel Greene's was spectacular as well! and I loved Aline Ordman's as well!! A wonderful day was had!!!
Congratulations, again!!!!