Saturday, August 23, 2008

Annie: A Portrait

"Annie"
12"x9"
Soft Pastels

This is a painting I completed for the Pet Portrait Swap show on EBSQ. I love doing this kind of work. The instant gratification of pastels, the challenge of making the dog come to life, the pleasure I feel when I've accomplished my goal. Well, I suppose I feel that with all artwork, but the instant gratification aspect is what really compels me to use pastels. I just love them. The velour paper is perfect for fur. Not always easy to work on, but once you get the hang of it, the results are lovely.
Check out the Pet Portrait Swap on EBSQ.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Hi Kari, I really love your work. I just signed up for your blog so I can keep tabs on what you are doing. I have a blog here too if you want to see what I've been up to this summer. Good luck on the pet swap! Your entries are fantastic!
~Frankie