Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Finished Oil Paintings



5"x7"
Oil on board
Untitled at the moment

I didn't get much artwork completed over the summer, with kids around all the time, vacations, and the usual summer distractions. These two paintings were my sole oil painting accomplishments, and it took all summer to complete them. I painted them at the same time so they would look like they belong together. I’m not planning more of these tiny paintings anytime soon! The figures are so small I often had to use a magnifying glass to paint the detail. But overall, I’m pleased with the way they turned out. They are untilted, but hopefully I’ll think up something clever soon (any suggestions?).

On a fun note, my pastel paintings “Annie” and “In Memory of Kacie” just won Member’s Choice and Patron’s Choice, respectively, in EBSQ’s Pet Portrait Swap show!

No comments: