Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pastel Portrait on Velour Paper


“New Hat”
12”x9”
Soft Pastels on Velour Paper

This is a portrait I did just for myself. I love the look of pet portraits on velour paper, but hadn’t yet done a people portrait using velour. I chose a picture of my daughter when she was a baby for my reference. Once I got the hang of layering colors to get the skin to look the way I wanted it to look, it was easy. I’m very happy with the results, and I love this velour paper! But I still have more papers to try, so stay tuned…

1 comment:

Chelsie Brady said...

This is beautiful! I am a pseudo artist just getting into Karin Jurick's Different Strokes blog and came across your work. I have recently tried my hand at portraits and am very impressed with this one of yours especially. Very nice!